About ITC Leadership Academy
Planning for the future and motivating a team to join you along the way are the hallmarks of a successful leader. Incorporating hands-on and scenario-based experiences under the guidance of nationally-recognized eLearning champions, the ITC 2018 Distance Education Leadership Academy will build on the American Association of Community College's six designated leadership competencies to expand your leadership skills. Participants will return to campus with an individual learning and leadership plan!
Who Should Attend
- Distance education directors and program managers
- Faculty and professors with a new distance education leadership role
- Academic leaders responsible for distance education
- Instructional designers and technologists with leadership ambitions
Leadership Styles and Strengths—My Role as a Leader
Keeping Current with Educational Technology
Student Success and Distance Education Leadership
Visioning and Creating Strategic Plans
Data-Informed Decision Making
Influencing Campus Dynamics to Build Your Program
Other Hot Topics and Opportunities
- Identify your personal leadership strengths and recognize effective practices when working with others.
- Identify effective advocacy models for your institution.
- Develop a personal leadership plan for moving yourself and your institution forward in the changing environment of higher education.
- Construct effective strategies for identifying and analyzing correct data to inform decisions.
- Explore options for keeping abreast of innovation, and leading others through discovery, adoption and change.
- Articulate student services and support that promote online student success and retention using the Inclusive Student Services process Model as a framework.
- Analyze a college eLearning program and construct a strategic planning framework. Formulate strategies that address critical barriers to moving forward.